Thursday, July 10, 2008

Running Toward a Dream

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Hebrews 12:1 (NIV)


Do you have a dream tucked in your heart?

I suspect you do.

Sweet sister, bring your dream, whatever it is, back out into the light of day and press on.

I once had someone ask me what was the one thing I did that finally helped my dream of getting published come to pass.

To be honest, I can't say one thing.

Each part of the journey was essential. All the rejection letters. All the prayers. All the soul searching to check my motives. All the input from family and friends. All the studying and reading and researching. All the discouragement, and all the encouragement.

It was all part of it.

Step by step.

And looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way. After all, it was never really about getting a book published. It was about gaining a deeper relationship with God along the way.

Dear Lord, Help me discern which dreams in my heart are from You and which are not. Help me to make the pursuit be more about growing closer to You than anything else. And give me wisdom to know how to follow my dreams and the courage to take the next steps. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Taken from Proverbs 31 Ministries

1 comment:

GIRRRLTHATSY...... said...

As I was reading this I was thinking I've already read this today. You read Proverbs 31 also.
Keep doing what you do I come on both blogs everyday to see what words of encourgement you can give me. I'm also trying to transform and it's nice to know that others are struggling with the same worldly issues. Thanks alot!